Download Cedar Street Fonts by Three Islands Press

Download Cedar Street Fonts by Three Islands Press


There’s something satisfying about tweaking to perfection a typeface based on the particular style of lettering applied to a particular kind of paper by a particular human hand. One day, in pursuit of this curious sense of satisfaction, I sat down with a porous pad of lined note paper and printed out the alphabet with a ballpoint pen. I found particularly interesting the bulbous ends of the strokes where the ink soaked in. I couldn’t help myself: I drew out the rest of the character set, scanned, hand-traced, and—as with all 3IP font designs—manipulated every glyph to an obsessive degree. Named it Cedar Street, after a favorite address of mine. OpenType features include true small caps, numerous ligatures, and Central/Eastern European alphabets—nearly 800 glyphs in all.

Download Cedar Street Fonts by Three Islands Press


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Download Suarez Fonts by GRIN3 (Nowak)

Download Xtreem Fonts by Måns Grebäck